Returns & Warranty
LEKKER warranty provides you with:
- 3-year warranty on frames.
- 2-year warranty on key components of your (e)Bike, including battery, motor, fork, crank set, seat post and handlebar.
- 2-year warranty on all LEKKER branded accessories, including LEKKER battery chargers.
Exclusions and small print:
- Warranty only applies to the original owner and is non-transferrable. Consumable components such as tyres, tubes, bearings, spokes, chains, cassettes, chain rings, brake pads, saddle covering, handlebar grips and cables are excluded from warranty.
- Warranty only includes riders (including possible load) up to 120kg.
- Any modifications including motorised conversions or custom adaptations will void warranties. Damage caused by negligence, abuse or improper use, neglect, stunt riding or accidents as well as incorrect or improper assembly or maintenance as well as normal wear and tear are excluded. Commercial use (hire or fleet) is also excluded.
- Shipping, transportation and/or labour charges, if applicable, are not included and may be charged separately depending on your circumstances. Replacements or repair will be at LEKKER’s discretion and might include newer model(s) or parts.
- Warranty is not renewed or extended as a result of warranty repair or replacement.
- Non-LEKKER branded accessories are excluded from our warranty and would need to be claimed with the accessory brand directly. The LEKKER team would of course be happy to assist should you have questions on a non-LEKKER branded accessory purchased at LEKKER.
- To qualify for a potential reimbursement on any labour and/or parts, these must always be pre-approved by the LEKKER customer service team in advance in writing. Any claims for reimbursement after replacement or repairs are completed or initiated will be rejected.
How to claim your warranty with us:
In the unlikely event of a defect, our customer service team is here to support you throughout the process to ensure we get you back on your bike as soon as possible. We aim for our warranty process to be as efficient and easy as possible for you.
In order to claim your warranty please, contact our customer service team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (03) 4828 3202. Please ensure to provide as much relevant information as possible to help our team assess the issue. This includes adding a picture of proof of purchase and matching ID, a detailed description as well as evidence of the defect – photos and videos – where applicable. Based on the team’s initial assessment, we might ask you to fill out a form for our warranty department’s further assessment.
- For bikes purchased at one of our LEKKER stores, after assessment, the LEKKER team might ask you to come into the store for our mechanics to discuss the issue and possible solution with you.
- For online purchases located far from our LEKKER stores our customer service team might discuss options for sending the bike back to our store or direct you to one of our LEKKER resellers or local service points for assessment if and when required.
- In case you have purchased your LEKKER at one of our resellers directly or through the Click & Collect offering at their store, please ensure to contact such LEKKER reseller directly as your original place of purchase. Our reseller will in turn contact LEKKER to discuss your claim if and when needed.
14 Day return policy
We offer a 14-day/50 KM return policy on all items purchased through LEKKER. You have a good two weeks or 50 km to try your bicycle – whichever comes first. If you are not happy, you can return your bike to us free of charge, with the exception of return shipping costs, which would be charged to you. If the item is deemed acceptable for return, LEKKER Australia will refund the amount paid. If you would like to make use of the 14 day return policy please fill out this form and follow the instructions set out. Refunds take approximately 14 business days after we have received your return shipment.
Please note that whilst our free shipping campaign is active, you will be charged a flat fee of $75 for returning the bike to us. For the return of any accessories, you will be responsible for returning the item to us. If a refund is approved, you will be refunded the amount paid minus the original shipping cost
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging to simplify return shipment and avoid double packing.
When you receive the bike you’ve purchased online, we encourage you to test ride it on a sealed surface like bitumen or concrete. We do ask that this is done carefully so the bike can be returned in “as new” condition. If the bike is not right for you, we’ll be happy to arrange for a courier to collect it and then issue a refund for you or exchange it in case the size might not be right for you. You’ll receive a consignment note and you can schedule a pick-up on a date that best suits you (between Monday – Friday) to facilitate your return.,
The following terms & conditions apply to our 14 day return policy:
- Our 14 Day/50KM return policy is available on all items and (e)bikes. This period commences from the day your product is delivered. You must then inform us by filling out the return form of your intention to return within 14 days of this date.
- Please inform our Customer Service team immediately if your bike was damaged on arrival. You can do this by contacting us via email at email@example.com or via phone on 0348 283 202.
- You are free to unpack and assemble the bike for sizing and inspection, and then carefully test-ride on a sealed surface like bitumen or concrete. We will not accept change of mind returns on bikes that have been ridden off-road or if there is evidence of wear and tear from use. Bikes that are not returned in “as new” condition will attract repair fees, discounts for damage or, in case of material damage, may be refused a refund.
- Damage caused from improper use, abuse of the policy or incorrect assembly will be repaired and charged for. You will be advised of these charges before a refund is issued.
- If you opted to have the bike delivered to your address and you choose to proceed with a return, we will organise a courier for you to collect the bike. We will liaise with you to organise an appropriate pick up day. Should you miss this agreed collection, a $25 futile pickup fee may be charged.
- We will only accept the return if the bike is carefully packaged in the same original packaging used to deliver the bike to you. This includes the protective padding and cardboard around the frame, wheels and components. If the bike incurs damage during return transit due to inadequate packaging by the customer, LEKKER reserves the right to charge the cost of replacement of the damaged part or component.
- Refunds will be authorised once our mechanic has inspected the returned bike. Please be aware this process can take up to 5 business days once the bike is received at our store. Returns dropped off at our store(s) will be processed within 48 hours, unless the return needs to be escalated to our Customer Support Team. Please allow processing time for the funds to appear back into your account.
- Refunds will be issued as soon as the bike has received approval from our mechanic. Should the bike fail inspection, you will be contacted about why the terms & conditions have not been met and should any fees apply.
- The refund paid to you will be for the bike or accessory only. The shipping costs for returning the bike might be charged separately.
- We will accept the return of a built bike if you take it to one of our stores. The requirement for the bike to be in “as new” condition remains.
- Our 14 Day/50KM return policy only applies to orders placed through the LEKKER website or at one of our LEKKER brand stores. Orders purchased through one of our resellers are subject to the reseller’s individual return policy.
Can I return my bike free of charge?
If you decide to return the bike within the 14-day free returns period, you will be charged for the return shipping costs at a flat rate of $75. Please make sure to keep the original packing so it’s easy to organize the return of the bike. When you do need a new box, we will charge $58,00 for a new box including the shipment of the box.
The bike was damaged when I received it. What should I do?
Please take photos of the damage to the bike and/or packaging and contact our Customer Service team immediately. We will assess the damage and provide advice on next steps.
Do I get a refund for the shipping cost?
The refund you receive will be for the bike, minus the costs for returning the bike to us and charges for re-boxing and or damage, if applicable.
To be eligible for a refund on an accessory, you will be responsible for shipping accessories back to our Melbourne Store. If and when a refund is approved, you will be refunded the amount paid, minus the original shipping cost.
How do I return accessories?
Our normal return policy applies to unused accessories and you can return these in “as new” condition with original packaging and tags. If you have opted to have the item delivered, you will be responsible for returning it to our Melbourne Store via post or in person.
How will the bike be collected from me?
Our Customer Service team will contact you to arrange for a suitable collection date for a courier to visit your address and collect the packaged bike for return. You will need to be at the collection address in person. Should you miss this agreed collection, a $25 futile pickup fee will be charged.
When will I receive the refund in my account?
Refunds will be authorised within 5 days after we receive the bike at our warehouse. This will give our mechanic time to inspect the bike. If you return the bike to one of our stores, this will be done within 48 hours unless the return needs to be escalated to our Customer Support Team. Should the bike fail inspection, you will be contacted about the break of policy and any fees. Please allow processing time for the funds to appear back into your account.
I’ve had the bike longer than 14 days and I’ve discovered a manufacturing fault - can I still return it?
This situation would be covered under the terms of your Warranty.
I’ve already thrown out the packaging but want to return the bike. What should I do?
When you do need a new box, we will charge $58,00 for a new box including the shipment of the box.