No products in the cart.
Choosing a women’s bike can be a challenge sometimes, but here at Lekker we take pride in our knowledge of vintage bikes so that we can offer you the best service and advice. When it comes to bikes there are many options to choose from so that’s why we’ve put together information and a comparison guide to help find the right bike for you.
Traditional Bikes VS Vintage Bikes:
When it comes to bikes there are many styles to choose from. You have bikes that are more suited for racing or fitness use, bikes for off-road adventures and bikes that are more suited to cruising around town.
So deciding the bike type is the first step to finding the perfect bike for your needs.
e.g. Dutch, European, Cruiser
Dutch, European or Cruiser bikes tend to be more focused on comfort and style. Typically these types of bikes are used for shorter or more casual trips to work or around town rather than competitive cycling, as they are built for comfort, not speed. Typically Dutch or European bikes have a front or rear rack for transporting items. Mudguards and chainguards are typically included on these bikes to protect against oil and dirt.
Vintage bikes have really taken off in recent years due to their stylish appearance and ease of use. They tend to be more of a fashion statement whilst running errands around town, casual rides or commuting to work.
Road / Racing Bikes
e.g. Audax, Road, Tour, Hybrid, Cyclo-cross, roadster, mountain, time trial, BMX
Road Racing bikes on the other hand, are built for longer riding durations and provide better equipment to handle roads and mountains. Road bikes are built to be lightweight but strong. The inclusion of having drop handle bars allows for powerful and aerodynamic riding movements, which is important for professional riding. These bikes are usually built for travelling at speed and tend to have more gear combinations. The use of narrow tyres on road bikes means a reduction of air resistance, which is crucial for racing bikes, as they want to get as much speed as possible.
How are Womens LEKKER Vintage Bikes different?
Is it comfortable or practical?
The womens vintage bike has been designed to ensure that both qualities are adhered to. The bike has been made to provide comfort with every journey and to be practical in design. The handlebars are slightly curved and elevated providing straight, upright sitting position. Unlike conventional vintage bikes here at LEKKER we’ve designed our vintage bikes to have a lightweight (13kg/15kg) aluminium frame and parts making it easy to manage. The vintage bike is more suited to comfort and practicality rather than speed and efficiency.
Is there space for racks or frames?
Each vintage bike for women has an aluminium front carrier rack. Thus making it easy to attach a basket for transporting your goods to and from work or cruising around the city.
What about the gears?
Each womens vintage bike has an integrated gear hub making it easy to maneuver and practical to use. The gears provide the rider with different experiences and allow you to attack any urban terrain. Hills are not a problem with a selection of gears to glide through.
Are there different sizes for women?
At LEKKER we have a range of sizes to suit our customers. Our vintage bikes come in 3 sizes for women, which range between small (155cm to 175cm), medium (165cm to 185cm) and large (170cm to 190cm). However, the Sportief Womens 3 Speed (Deluxe Edition) comes in an extra small 42cm (140cm-165cm) size, so you are sure to find the right size for you.
Comparing the components of each vintage bike is a great way to get an understanding of the key factors needed to give you the most satisfaction from your buy. Here is a comparison guide we’ve put together to give you more information about the bikes in one spot…
Comparison Guide Lekker
Sportief Womens 3 Speed – $698
Size: small (155cm – 175cm), medium (165cm to 185cm), large (170cm to 190cm)
Colours: Hothouse green, pastel green, pastel blue, classic black
The classic vintage bike for any women with more colours to choose from.
Why you want it…
- Aluminium frame making it lightweight (13kg)
- 100% rust & maintenance free, the less cleaning the better
- Internal Shimano 3 speed gear
- Premium LED light on the front and back
- Front aluminum rack
- Comfortable saddle and grips, allowing you to ride for longer
- The usual kickstand and bell
Sound good? Shop the Sportief Womens 3 Speed Today!
Jordaan 7 Speed – $828
Sizes: medium (155cm to 175cm), large (170cm to 195cm)
Colours: pastel green, pastel blue, classic black, candy red
The bike for women who like to travel a little faster while the wind blows in their hair. Also comes in a gorgeous candy red colour.
Why you want it…
- Aluminium frame making it lightweight (15kg)
- 100% rust & maintenance free, less cleaning is always an advantage
- Upgrade to the Shimano 7 speed internal gear
- Spacious frame and internal cabling
- Premium LED front and rear light
- Rear aluminum rack
- Comfortable saddle and grips, lessens how sore your behind gets when you ride
- Kickstand, bell and an additional bungies
Sound good? Shop the Jordaan 7 Speed Today!
- Shimano Nexus 7 Speed
- Lightweight Aluminium Frame (100% Rust Free)
- Premium Front & Rear Light
- Sturdy Front & Rear Carrier incl. Bungies
Jordaan Womens E-Bike – $1,998
Size: medium/large (160cm-190cm)
Colours: pastel blue, classic black
E-Bike = Even better than before. More features for the women with places to get to and fast.
Why you want it…
- Aluminium Frame
- Weight of 27kg including battery
- 100% rust & maintenance free, no rust = no fuss
- Powerful front hub motor 25w/14.5 AH
- Pedal assist system (5 levels of E assistance) with 250 watt output
- Samsung cell 36 v lithium battery (50km-100km on one charge), ride further than ever before
- Even better upgrade to Shimano nexus 7/S internal gear hub
- Max speed of 25kph, who needs a car anyway
- Tektro electric front and rear Shimano roller brakes
- Double kickstand
- Integrated bell
- Urban proof tyres, wear down slower
Sound good? Shop the Jordaan Womens E-Bike here today!
- Powerful Front Hub Motor - 250w / 14.5 AH
- Samsung Cell Battery 36V
- Lightweight Shimano Nexus 3 Speed Integrated hub
- Premium Hydraulic Disc Brake System Tektro
If you would like more information feel free to contact our staff that will be more than happy to help you with any enquires. All our staff have a comprehensible knowledge of our products and will be able to give you valuable advice on the perfect bike for you. We hope this information has helped.